Recently Published Public-Safety Personnel Testing Publications
Personnel Testing in the Public Safety Industry:
A Practitioner’s Guide for Developing Balanced and Defensible Assessments
by Dan A. Biddle, Ph.D. and Stacy L. Bell-Pilchard, M.S.
- Basic points of civil rights: Title VII of the 1991 Civil Rights Act, adverse impact, and significance
- Validation and benefits of developing a valid and effective hiring program
- Process and benefits of creating written tests using content and criterion-related validity
- Importance of using structured interviews and how to develop, validate, and analyze them
- Steps for developing and validating physical ability tests (PATs), setting cutoff scores, and the importance of testing both candidates and incumbents
- Key competencies that should be measured in firefighter and police officer recruitments
- Useful checklists for evaluating the validity of pre-employment and promotional selection assessments
- Overview of a recent case of public safety testing bringing to light the fine lines between testing, diversity, adverse impact, and equal protection
>> Click here to purchase the Personnel Testing in the Public Safety Industry book today!