The SIP assesses the critical dimensions of oral communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills in a systematic and valid manner. It is a complete package that includes all the information and forms needed to conduct a successful interview.
The SIP includes:
- A discussion of the interview process including “prohibited” questions, rater and administrator instructions, types of errors, and notes regarding use of the interview.
- Situational questions directed at each of the dimensions measured, questioning techniques, and characteristics of strong and weak responses.
- Dimension definitions and evaluative scales, rating forms, suggested cutoff scores, and documentation forms.
- Validity: The SIP was developed and validated in 1978 by a consortium of cities. Since that time it has been revised and re-validated several times, most recently in 2005.
- Completeness: The SIP contains all the information and materials to conduct the interview. These include rater and administrator instructions, domain definitions, rating guides and scales, and suggested questions.
- Economy: The SIP is priced to be cost-effective even for small agencies. As a fixed-priced product, agencies with large numbers of candidates find it even more economical.
DOWNLOAD THE POWERPOINT: “Conducting Interviews That Work“
- Download and save the .zip file (linked above) to your computer (15.7 MB, zip file)
- “Unzip” the file and view the PowerPoint presentation
Would you like to preview the SIP?
Departments may preview the SIP before purchasing. Click here to order your sample today!
FPSI addresses the federal Uniform Guidelines On Employee Selection Procedures.
If you are a representative of an agency interested in upgrading your agency’s recruitment process, promotional exams, or physical ability testing, please visit our FPSI contact page.